When I was a student in New York in the ’90s, I used to wonder why Filipinos celebrated Thanksgiving there.
It didn’t mean anything to me—the turkeys, the pilgrims, the pumpkins.
I had to ask Grace what it all meant. She told me to watch Addams Family Values and gave us a DVD.
Last year I had this big desire to celebrate Thanksgiving but didn’t know how. So we had a small dinner at home with some friends. I intend to make this year better!
I also envy Chinese who have an extra holiday to celebrate during Chinese New Year. Sometimes I want to celebrate but don’t know how. Someone please teach me the dice game!
If for whatever reason you want to celebrate Thanksgiving with turkey, you can’t go wrong with turkey by Chef J Gamboa of Cirkulo and The Commissary of Margarita Forés.
Chef J’s version is a maple-glazed roasted US turkey with sausage stuffing, giblet gravy, dried cranberry compote,
buttered French beans, and baby carrots.
Comes in two sizes:
• Small (7KG) P9,995 NET for pick up (good for 12-15 persons)
• Large (9KG) P13,995 NET for pick up (good for 16-20 Persons)
Order at Cirkulo NOW at 810-8735 and 810-2763.
• • •
Celebrate the holidays this Thanksgiving (22 November), Christmas and New Year with a special roast turkey and your choice of stuffing from The Commissary of Margarita Forés.
• Roast Turkey with Focaccia, Pate di Fegato, Dried Mangoes and Chestnuts (PHP 9,650)
Sides: Candied Yams, Whole Cranberry, Cranberry Jelly
• Roast Turkey with Ensaymada, Jackfruit and Jackfruit Seeds, Antipolo Cashews and Prunes (PHP 10,200)
Sides: Candied Yams, Cranberry Jelly, Fresh Langka and Pear Compote
• Roast Turkey with Rustico, Sage, Honey, Sultanas and Pata Negros (Organic Prosciutto from Negros) (PHP 11,550)
Sides: Candied Yams, Cranberry Jelly, Apple & Sultana Compote
Each turkey weighs a minimum of 5.5 to 6 kilos and serves 20-25 persons.
Order at least two days ahead. Contact Anna Lopez or Heidie Apilado at 729-0030 or (0917) 513-8945
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org