On our way to dinner at Café Adriatico, Mich was happily fighting off Charice diehards on Twitter after she made a comment on Charice’s outfit and crimped/bleached hair.
“I love haters!” Mich laughed in the car as she retweeted the haters’ funny tweets.
Meanwhile, Tinkebell told us about a book she published in 2009. Dearest TINKEBELL is a collection of all the hate mail she received between 2004-2008 after making a handbag out of her own cat.
During dinner, Mich said she was used to getting hate tweets regularly. Carlos said, 7-8 times a week was normal, while Katinka gets it by the hour.
I may have been good at blocking many trolls because I seldom get hate on my feed. Yes I know they are out there, but I’d rather not look or maybe just have my lawyer look. I know very well to avoid picking on celebrities like Charice, Kim Chiu and all. I know the drill.
The thing is, everyone has haters. Even Jesus had haters. Mother Teresa had haters. Princess Diana had haters.
It’s just easier for any ordinary person to get haters now because of social media.
I bring this up because of two Instagram photos whose haters are bordering on funny.
First comes from Filipina actress Maxene Magalona, who has 153,892 Instagram followers as of this posting.
One of the prettiest actresses in the Philippines, Maxene posts random pictures of work, gifts, or even herself in doing everyday things.
What made me LOL was when she innocently posted a bag of Nestlé Buncha Crunch and hatred followed. See the comments below and how nicely Maxene handles it. Imagine that a bag of Nestlé Crunch can cause much anger to others.
- maxenemagalona For brunch! Hehehe
- piamialoves Nanibago ako s shot ni @maxenemagalona hindi ata pinagyabang ung tattoo nya lol
- ajsurjani Pakelamera ka @piamialoves! E ano naman sayo kung ipagyabang ni @maxenemagalona tatts nya? Inggitera!
- piamialoves @ajsurjani mas pakelemera ka bitch!
- ajsurjani Woo! Hater ka kasi! Hahaha. Comment ka lang para manlait? Haha perfect ka e no? Hahaha. Mas bitch ka sa mga comment mo no! Hahaha get a life dumb ass! @piamialoves
- _fais @ajsurjani @piamialoves for god sakes..pagtalunan ba ang picture na’to…pare pareho taung mga filipino tapos ito nagbabangayan sa maliit n bagay. Magsorry nga kayo sa isa’t isa.
- ajsurjani Kung makalait kasi yan kala mo perfect. Kung fan ka di ka dapat ganyan. Kung hater ka wag ka dito magkalat ng lagim para wala kang makaaway. Diba @_fais
- reignche Tama ka @_fais pare pareho lang tayo kumakain ng bigas ! Peace hehehe
- nomerdapilosoper @_fais , @piamialoves , @ajsurjani … Buti kayo yan Lang pinoproblema niyo, pasalamat kayonalakain kayo niyan think about for those people doesn’t have even 1 kg of rice inside the house… Nahihirap na nga pilipinas pasosyal pa din kayo.. E gamitin nio ang paging sosyal nio sa pagtulong sa tao e di good example pa kau.. Gamitin ang pagyayabang sa pagtulong… It make sense ). Aight!!
- dx2r_ae77 Hindi naman nila kasalanan kung nakakain sila ng ganyan. Siguro naman tumutulong din sila hindi mo lang alam. Do they have to tell you everything? Think…it make sense…: )
- chuvaness Best thread ever!!
- _fais @nomerdapilosoper @piamialoves @ajsurjani hindi naman sa ito lang ang aming prinoproblema.. Nagkataon lang na ito lang napagtuonan namin ng pansin kaya naging ganun. Kagaya ngayon kami ung napagtuonan mo ng pansin, ang ibig sabihin ba nito prinoproblema mo kami? Imbes na may ibang bagay kang pinagkakaabalahan.. Ganun b un? Pero may punto rin naman ang ipinamamahagi mo, hindi ko ikakaila kung ganun nga lang ang takbo ng isip ng bawat filipino mas maigi. Ang pagbibigay ng opinion ay hindi ibig sabihin pagyayabang, ito ay reaksyon reflex lamang ng utak natin. Salamat saiyong pagpugay pansin.
- nomerdapilosoper @_fais @piamialoves @ajsurjani … Mga utak ng Filipino?? May naituro ka naba sa mga filipino.. Parang underestimate mo mga isip naming mga filipino.. I’m proud to be a pure blooded filipino.. Are you?:). Salamat sa makabululang eskplanasyon @_fais
- maxenemagalona Mahilig ako sa white rice kayo? Ano paborito niyong bigas? Hahaha
- maxenemagalona @chuvaness Right! Laugh trip. From my tattoo to bigas.
I wish I had Maxene’s sense of humor and attitude. I cannot bear arguments so I tend to block or delete negative comments for the most part, instead of defending myself.
Another one who deals with hate on a regular basis is Michelle Phan, a makeup artist I really admire because she looks like the girl next door who just happens to be very good at what she does.
I watched her start as a cult phenomenon on YouTube to becoming the L’Oreal brand ambassador she is today—all due to talent and passion. Michelle currently has 346,567 followers on Instagram.
For me, it’s normal to get excited about staying in a nice hotel and sharing it on Instagram, like Michelle did recently. However, see how a lovely hotel room can make people upset.
- michellefawn My second home in NYC @RoyaltonNYC They treat you like family as you can see I really recommend this hotel if you’re in NYC.
- emilykbabb Lawl not everybody is rich
- elena_mir No one else can afford that
- katycat065 That looks expensive.
- kohboonkiat How much
- hellokittyhelloshirley Wow ur rich..
- coral_blais Maybe if I come up with $200 a night to blow…
- msleahann @hellokittyhelloshirley She’s a millionaire.
- meetmayra What’s with all the “rich” comments? $200 a night is pretty average for a hotel in NYC. Buncha weirdos.
- meredithknoxmua @ilystephan1e @neba345 the average not scummy hotel room in manhattan is about $200, this room is about $350, you pay for quality. Please don’t judge and be rude she was just trying to make a recommendation.
- ilystephan1e @meredithknoxmua I am not being rude. My comments are based on the fact that her average subscriber can’t afford this. It’s like- thanks for the recommendation; next time my university loans, car lease, and assorted bills are paid and I have a few thousand to blow- sure. I know my stuff. The basic room at the Royalton NYC 1 person, no package (based on the pics it looks like she does have one) is $349 +tax per night, upgrading simply to a king bed and terrace is 2k/$2,000 USD per night. Call 212-869-4400 to do your research if you’d like. Don’t start instadrama with me; I’m not going to engage in drama with all the followers who will jump all over me for not blindly kisses the ground a public figure walks on just bc of their notoriety. I don’t say anything catty, and my comments are based on facts.
- meetmayra LOL so much hate. Sucks to be poor I guess.
- silentmiko Like second home? You “recommend” this place to who? Us? You’ve gotta be fucking kidding me. #unbelievable
- sdu215 MP is just sharing her experiences. The girl made a comment about the hotel as anyone should do if they love something. If you can’t afford it don’t go. I know I can’t but I wont put down someone who obviously earned their success.
- kaelauren Okay, ofcourse she recommends this to those who can afford it. And obviously u guys can’t, you don’t have to hate! Duh
- caitielicious_mua Some people work hard And can afford this!!! If you aren’t one of those people you don’t need to bash those who are…. Plain and simple
- just_joha @meetmayra agreed Most of the people that comment are kids with no jobs yet :-O
- gnosallis Why are people so damn bitter. She never said you had to go to this hotel as she never spoke down about anyone who couldn’t afford it. Calm the fuck down kids. She was obviously speaking to adults with a job……SMH.
- claudialovespink NO ONE SHOULD HATE ON HER SHE GOT HER MONEY & WORKS HARD SO SHE CAN AFFORD A NICE HOTEL WHEN YA WORK HARD LIKE HER YOU CAN AFFORD A NICE HOTEL LIKE SHE CAN!! LAZY PEOPLE WANT TO GET ANYTHING THEY WANT WITHOUT WORKING HARD FOR IT TUHH
- bellefleur__ Beautiful room / suite . When you work hard , you deserve the best ! Even if those who may not be able to afford such , never the less should you be bitter . Live a little , right ? Keep up on what you’re doing <3
- simply_vana @miyuki_jazreel oh idk for sure. I’m just assuming bc it doesn’t look like the Holiday Inn lol
- moni_fuerte In NYC everything is expensive . Don’t expect to find anything under $150 or $200 . Even the cheap looking hotels charge a lot . You people should really stop complaining . It’s not like she’s spending your money . Plus she works for her money just like everyone else . Some people make more than others .